Do you want to make that trip that you have been putting off for so long? Do you want to have the peace of mind that you have money at your disposal for any unforeseen event? The time has come to have a credit card to have an economic safety net and not worry if you have an unforeseen last minute. We tell you why you are interested.
The safest credit cards
Sounds good that you can apply for a free credit card, right? It should be noted that what is free is not the money but the card itself, but you will not have to pay annual commissions or any kind of fee for maintenance or issuance of your card. You only pay the interest on the credit in case you choose to pay deferred. In the event that you decide to pay month to month, that is to say, you pay what you spent to expired month, you will not have to pay interest.
This is one of the great advantages of credit cards, although it should be noted that if you choose this type of card you are being backed by a large bank, since these credit cards are an idea of Bankinter. This will give you peace of mind, since you will know at all times who is behind and that you are not hiring your credit with an unknown financial company. Bankinter ConsumerFinance has physical offices in Alcobendas (Madrid), and is also supervised by the Bank of Spain, one more guarantee of security.
Types of online credit cards
You can choose between two types of cards. Both have the same benefits, the difference is the maximum amount of credit. With these two credit cards you can enjoy:
- 5% savings on all purchases you make the first year. From the second year on, the saving is 3%. Money that will be credited to your card at the end of the year.
- You will become part of the “happy shopping” club, where you will have discounted items and products and special offers. In addition, purchases made through this club will be received within a maximum period of 24 hours.
- You can apply for these credit cards without having to change banks. What makes it much easier and avoid unnecessary paperwork.
- As we have said, they are free cards, free of fees or maintenance fees. Even if you ask for a duplicate of your card there will be no additional costs.
- You will also have free accident insurance and travel and travel assistance, with a coverage of up to € 500,000
VISA gold card
The maximum credit for this VISA is € 5000. The amount granted you will know once you make the request for your card. You can request your card right here , and when they respond to your request they will tell you the credit granted to you, depending on your current situation.
This card may have a credit higher than the VISA Gold, as we have told you depending on your personal situation. It includes the advantages of cards and also a free SMS service that will notify you of your purchases.
Can I choose the payment method with credit cards?
You can pay for your purchases in a flexible and comfortable way. With no annual fee and no bank change, you just have to determine how you want to pay:
Deferred payment of money borrowed in monthly installments
With the deferred payment you will save 5% on all purchases and that money will be returned to you at the end of the year on your own credit card. Imagine that you have made purchases worth € 10,000, at the end of the year you will have an amount of € 500. You are returned 5% of the amount you spent. This is great news, since returns the highest percentage compared to other entities that also grant this type of card.
Total payment of money spent at the end of the month
You may have used your card to make some purchases, but you want to pay the amount spent per month due. In this case, you will not have to pay any commission, just return the money spent at no additional cost.
Imagine that you were in a hurry and had to fix your car, but at that time you did not have money, the next month when you charge you want to pay that extra expense and save yourself unnecessary commissions. In this case your credit card has been good for you to solve that bump, but you don’t pay more for your money.
What interest or commissions do I have to pay?
This sure point is the one that worries you most, since having money as a mattress is an advantage for any family economy. It is the way to feel safe and forget to borrow money from family or friends. But how much is this money going to cost me?
Credit card interest is calculated using the APR (equivalent annual rate). This fee was imposed by law, so that users know at all times how much they have to pay. In credit cards, the APR is equivalent to 26.82%.
This still sounds like Chinese, right? Do not worry, because we are going to see clearly what you would have to pay month by month in an example:
This year you have spent € 3000 of your credit card on small purchases, appliances and a whim. You decide to defer payment in monthly installments to one year , so the fee you would have to pay for 12 months will be € 283.68. At the end of the year you will have paid € 404.15 of interest, a total of € 3404.15. Of course, keep in mind that we have calculated that you will pay only € 3000, and not that you will continue using the credit card while you pay what you owe. Remember that a credit card is a support and not a recurring solution.
Commissions at credit ATMs and account transfers
The recommendation from Topcréditos is that you use credit cards for online and commercial purchases. If you use it to get money at ATMs or make transfers to your account you will pay extra commissions.
- Take out cash at ATMs of the entity itself will have a commission of 3% (the minimum always being 2.5 euros)
- Withdraw money at ATMs from another bank : the cost will be 5% (always with a minimum of 4.00 euros). If you have cash in the same network (4B Card) but not in the Bankinter entity or in ATMs within the European Economic Community, the interest will be 4%, with a minimum of € 3.00.
- Make transfers from the credit card to your bank account : there is no extra commission for making transfers to your bank, but the same APR will apply as the purchases you make with your card.
How do I request my credit card?
The application for any of the credit cards is online, you do not need more than three minutes to fill out the form with your personal data. Once you have registered, they will respond with the acceptance or denial of your card.
You will receive the card or cards at your address, and once received you just have to make a phone call to activate it. As you will see, the process is very simple, which will make you avoid unnecessary visits to your bank or endless and tedious paperwork.